Laboratory of Oceanography, Austral Center for Scientific Research (CADIC-CONICET), Ushuaia, Argentina
My research interests
- General hydrography of the Beagle Channel: characterization of water masses, oceanographic processes, seasonal and longitudinal thermohaline patterns, water circulation.
- Dissolved oxygen; factors leading to or enhancing hypoxia in Ushuaia Bay.
- Dynamics of particulate matter (settling, accumulation in the seafloor).
How is my work linked to the Beagle Channel area?
- Since 2017, I am part of DYNAMO, in particular Work Package 2 (Physical Oceanography and long-term observations).
- Since 2014, I conduct field campaigns to the Beagle Channel, trying to get the highest possible detail on the physical functioning of this system.